Moving out of the bundle and onto the motherboard, we see a combination that we don't see very often in the Black / White setup along with a bit of grey. I'm a big fan of the color combination ECS opt for and we've seen it before from them in other Black Series motherboards.
Moving in closer to the board, you can see we've got a fairly simple setup in terms of having just two PCIe x1 connectors and four PCIe x16 connectors that are actually in a position that makes installing four dual slot video cards possible.
The configuration is x16 / x8 / x16 / x8 from a wired point of view. If you're going to go with a two card setup you would use the two grey slots, if you want to move over to a three or four card setup, then you add the white ones into the mix and we move to a x16 / x8 / x16 or x8 / x8 / x8 / x8 setup. We can also see to the left of the top slot a Molex connector in the event you want to go with a bigger VGA setup.
Moving across the bottom of the board, you can see the normal array of headers with our audio, S/PDIF, COM 1, USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 and our main front panel connector.
Tucked up just a little back we can there's also a power and reset button present along with a LED Debug reader which always comes in handy if your system starts to head south.
Finally, we finish up with the SATA side of things and it's nice to see that we can actually make use of the 12 SATA cables included thanks to the 12 SATA ports on the board. We've got a combination of four SATA II ports in white and eight SATA III ports in grey with the controllers being the onboard Intel X79 chip and the ASMedia ASM1061 chip. You'll generally want to try and stick to the Intel ones on the right hand side for your main devices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series