Around Computex we started hearing about SandForce SF-1500 controllers being paired with SAS interfaces. At first we didn't think these products would live to see the light of day since the SATA versions were already very fast. Well, we were wrong and the first SandForce SF-1500 SAS drive is on my desk right now in engineering sample form.
SMART Modular announced their XceedIOPS with a couple of configurations some time ago, but with a drive on my desk it is clear that this product will come to market. For the most part the XceedIOPS will be an OEM part sold to major server manufacturers, so don't start digging through Newegg thinking they will list anytime soon. SMART Modular caters to the highest levels of the server market and doesn't produce a retail line of products.
SMART Modular is offering two versions of the drive; one capable of 26K IOPS and another capable of up to 30K IOPS. The model we are looking at today is the SG9XCA2200GE10, the 26K IOPS unit. Our engineering sample has a capacity of 200GB. Let's take a look at the full specification sheet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The SMART Modular XceedIOPS SAS SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Nintendo Switch model +70% battery life, performance & pink screen
- ISS Astronauts pave paradise and put up a parking spot for spacecrafts
- 3 Earth-sized planets found, only 12 light-years away & possible water
- 24-minute multiplayer gameplay from COD: Modern Warfare on the PC
- YouTube AI algorithm wrongly detects robot fighting for animal cruelty
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems