The end of the month is all very hectic at the moment and straight in the middle of our busiest time ATI have dropped the latest driver on us like clockwork. Combined with the pre-Computex news getting along that there's an NDA lifting on the new mid-range GTX 400 series next week and it's just busy, busy, busy times.
On the performance front ATI isn't promising us anything with the 10.5s so we're not expecting anything too exciting. To be honest, the late release in the month makes us think it was all a little rushed.
In saying that, there's some things worth noting. Two big features are the fact that 120Hz displays are now supported on both HD 3000 and HD 4000 series cards which is great for people who want to get some ultra smooth gaming done.
The other big news is that the flicker on extra monitors has been fixed. This was done by upping the 2D clocks which has in turn bumped up idle temps, but for most it shouldn't be anything too serious.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Phone II: 120Hz display, 6000mAh battery
- The Simpson's Movie 2 will eventually happen, says creator
- DRAM prices spike 20% with 'skyrocket' in price warned
- Avengers: Endgame dethrones Avatar as biggest movie ever
- Hackers disclose Russian deep-web 'Tor' data storing project
- Loss of SLI/Second GPU upon installing Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt PCIE Card with I7-6800k, GA-X99 Ultra Gaming Motherboard
- i5 9600k with aorus z390 ultra oc problem. need help
- need help plz i5 9600k with aorus z390 ultra OC problem
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- Epic Seven Releases Charlotte Side Story: 'Heavy Lies the Crown'
- Tap Empire - available now on the App Store and Google Play!
- It's Always Sunny: The Gang Goes Mobile Launches Worldwide Today
- Rogue Games Expands Team with Three Key Hires for Rapidly Growing Game Portfolio
- Traitor's Empire release for Android