Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.6GHz (400MHz FSB x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5K3 Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Video Card(s): MSI Radeon HD 2900 XT (Supplied by MSI)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA 2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 7.4 and DX9c
Using our fancy new DDR-3 test rig we benchmarked our favorite array of games and applications to see which were using more power.
Games were tested at 1920 x 1200 while our benchmarking applications ran at 1024 x 768 for 3DMark05 and 06 and 1280 x 1024 for the upcoming RyderMark. We benchmarked each game and application a total of three times and then averaged the results from the same power level draw test section each time.
Idle wattage sitting in Windows is 227 watts!
Power Used in Games
Supreme Commander players are the most environmentally friendly! If you are playing Sup Com we salute you and give you a pat on the back. Now you can say to those damn FPS players when they make fun of your choice of genre "Hey at least we are working towards a cleaner planet."
Feel like doing a bit of old school benchmarking? "Tisk tisk" we say, 3DMark05 shows us the maximum wattage followed closely by Prey... we always knew those peeps were trouble.
RyderMark which is on its final beta build also comes in with a max draw of over 400W, hopefully this is addressed before the final version comes out, some how. Futuremark managed to clean up its act to make the newer 3DMark06 more Earth friendly... whether this was intentional or not, who knows, but it is good news for current benchmarkers.
If you cannot draw yourself away from Source-based games such as Counterstrike at least know that your addiction is helping the environment. Lost Cost delivered the best result out of all the FPS games tested but if you are benchmarking on 3DMark06 and feeling pretty happy about yourself you are not out of the woods yet, take a look at our next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Battlerite Royale hits free-to-play on Steam, now available
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure