ZOTAC offers identical performance to NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, with most games seeing a few more frames per second over the GTX 1080 FE. This is a great achievement by ZOTAC, as they've managed to meet the great performance of the GTX 1080 FE and surpass it - all on a smaller PCB with the same 1 x 8-pin PCIe power connector.
I wouldn't recommend gaming at 4K on the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Mini, as we're looking at somewhere between 30-45FPS average in our tests, but we are running them on Ultra presets. 60FPS could be attained pretty easily with some detail level adjustments, but on my favorite 21:9 aspect ratio, the ZOTAC GTX 1080 Mini hits anywhere between 40-100FPS, averaging out at around 75FPS at 3440x1440.
If you're building a new mITX gaming PC and wanted some potent GPU power - ZOTAC's super-small GTX 1080 Mini is the one for you. It requires a single 8-pin PCIe power connector, making it a very power efficient graphics card that packs a massive performance punch.
There's also some overclocking potential on the card, something that is another achievement for ZOTAC given the size of the GTX 1080 Mini. There's the possibility of SLI with the GTX 1080 Mini, which would make for one of the fastest graphics cards setups inside of a small mITX gaming PC.
ZOTAC continues to impress, even into the release of the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - as a super-small GTX 1080 Mini graphics card shows ZOTAC's team of custom PCB experts can handle Pascal in a big way. If you're in the market for a mITX gaming PC and needed a super-small, yet super-powerful graphics card, you need to check out the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Mini.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (overclocking, power)||90%|
|Quality (build, design, cooling)||95%|
|General Features (display outputs, etc)||90%|
|Bundle, Packaging & Software||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: ZOTAC's super-small GeForce GTX 1080 Mini packs the same performance punch of NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, but it's much smaller - and silent. It's the perfect card for a fast mITX gaming PC.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Zotac ZT-P10800H-10P Video Card retails for $629.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Zotac ZT-P10800H-10P Video Card retails for £501.15 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [World's Smallest GTX 1080!]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4K gaming audience is 'too limited' for Nintendo
- AMD EPYC: 64C/128T dual-CPU against Intel 56C/112T CPUs
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Cheapest Rainbow Six Siege in big Ubisoft PC Summer Sale
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller