Thermalright Le Grand Macho CPU Cooler
Down the front of the Le Grand Macho RT cooler, we see that there are 35 fins in this stack, including the top fin, which is black. Below the fins we see a two-part base assembly, and that it and the heat pipes have been plated with nickel to dress it up and fight oxidation.
From the right side of the cooler, we can see the fins are all supported with three tabs in the middle, which keeps the spacing correct and help to trap air from escaping. We can see the lowest three fins are cut shorter for better RAM clearance with LGA2011 motherboards, and we can also see the severe angle in which some of the pipes are bent to make it into the rear of the fin stack.
Viewing the Le Grand Macho RT from the back, we can see that the heat pipes do not follow each other in just one single file line. The four at the front are inset, while the other three near the back run slightly outside of that line. We also see many tabs in each fin bent into the airflow, forcing air to run a certain way through the stack, making it more efficient without completely closing off the sides.
Since the left side of the cooler is a reverse image of the right side, we are left with just one thing to cover. If you look at the top fin and follow that groove seen there at the front and back, all the way down the cooler, this groove is intended to lock the wire fan clips into.
From the top, we see the edges of the fins are higher near the edges and are cut shorter in the middle. We counted a total of 58 tabs that are bent into each fin; we can see the offset of the heat pipes better, and there is also a large hole running through all of the fins to aid in mounting this large cooler.
At the bottom of the cooler, we see that the fins are pressed onto the heat pipes. Not only are the lower fins cut shorter for memory clearances, but they are also cut even more at the back to allow for the bends used of the second set of three heat pipes. With the use of a larger base in this design, this is what allows Thermalright to offer seven heat pipes in this cooler.
The base of the cooler is made of copper, and rather than leaving rough milling marks, it is polished to near perfection before the nickel plating has been added. Together they offer a mirror-like surface but is smooth across the slightly convex surface.
PRICING: You can find the Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT CPU Cooler retails for $80 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT CPU Cooler retails for £61 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright Le Grand Macho CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- Destiny 2 on PC: no dedicated servers
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning