Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
For those of you, like us, who have heard of Fnatic Gear, but were unaware of how it all began, let us help you fill in the pieces. A few years back at CES, we sat with Fractal Design, and their big secret that year was that they were in the works trying to make a deal to acquire Func. As far as that went, we did see a few products from Func in the time they owned them. The products were top notch, but also came with a high-end price point for most of the lineup, and the best we can figure is that Fractal Design wasn't making much money with this company. Since then Fnatic Gear stepped in and made the acquisition taking the Func name, and then rebranded it as Fnatic Gear products.
In no way does this mean we are looking at cloned products with a new name on them. In fact, Fnatic says in their mission statement, that to them, quality is everything. So while redesigning what we knew of the now defunct Func brand, Fnatic Gear also states that if their products are not of the highest quality and cannot stand the test of time, they just will not release the product. While this may be the beginnings of a new horizon for Fnatic Gear, they plan to stay in the game for the duration of time, and state that all of their profits go back into the company to develop even better gear.
This has all culminated in the release of the Clutch G1 from Fnatic Gear. This optical gaming mouse does have some Func traits in the design, yet at the same time is an entirely new design from what we have seen in the past. That being said, we also noticed that while Func was making some great products, they tended to come with a designer price tag, and that is no longer true, which should make Fnatic Gear products much more attractive to the masses. That all being said, we should dive right into this Clutch G1 eSports grade optical gaming mouse.
The specifications chart comes right from Fnatic Gear, and it is easy to see that they list everything about this Clutch G1 that is important to those who know what they are looking for in gaming mice. Initially, it starts off with the MCU used in this design, which happens to be the Holtek HT68FB560, and then states that the main switches used are made by Omron. The sensor at play inside is the ADNS 3310, which tracks at 5000 CPI at 6500 FPS, it can move at speeds up to 130 IPS and at 30 G of force. Along with 256KB of onboard memory, the Clutch G1 delivers a 1000Hz polling rate, gold plated USB 2.0 connection, and also sports two meters of braided black cable.
The Clutch G1 is entirely black, made of plastic. And the entire surface on top has a rubberized coating applied to it as well. It is a right-hand only design and is also a larger design. Dimensionally, the Clutch G1 is 126mm from front to back, 68mm wide, and stands 40mm high in the middle. All told, this mouse is relatively light as well, weighing it at just 90 grams. To use this mouse, all you need is a Windows operating system, a spare USB 2.0 port, and 10MB of drive space to take on the software. Along with the mouse, you will get the quick start guide and a set of stickers, but we also see that this product is backed by a two-year warranty as well.
As we write this, the Clutch G1 is still under wraps and is not listed in any retail channels in the US. In one of the various emails corresponding with Fnatic Gear, they did provide us with the MSRP. We are told that the mouse you are about to see in depth will only set you back $59.99. From what we can recall, the Func mice were in the $80 range, and dropping the price point while keeping quality levels high is a great start for Fnatic Gear, and will allow more users to afford their top tier products. Stick with us as we have our first look at a product from Fnatic Gear, and see if they are on the right path to success.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
PRICING: You can find the Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 eSports Grade Optical Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Fnatic Gear eSports Grade Optical Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Clutch G1]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRAM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- Nintendo wants to make Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi anime
- Radeon Vega Frontier barely beats GTX 1080 in tests
- Halo Wars 2's latest update includes multi-GPU support
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus