Some of you may have read a review I did a few months back on the Z170GT7 from BIOSTAR, a motherboard I instantly fell in love with because of its stunning heat sink LEDs and high overall value. Today, I take a look at another BIOSTAR creation along the same lineage as the GT7 but in a much smaller package, the GTN. At first glance, the Z170GTN seems to hit the nail on the head when it comes to the number of ports and their spacing and allotment, so it caught my attention.
The Z170GTN carries the same style of heat sink RGB LED design I saw on the Z170GT7, M.2, U.2, and decent spacing considerations and port layout. I have to admit I was very excited to get the Z170GTN in my hands since I have reviewed a few Z170 Mini-ITX motherboards, all of which are special in their own regard.
However, each one had some glaring issue such as a weak VRM, lack of M.2, or some crazy spacing that would cause headaches. Let's see how the Z170GTN does.
The Z170GTN has U.2, M.2, four SATA 6Gb/s ports, four USB 3.0 ports, a USB 3.0 internal header, an Intel NIC, and even support for an RGB extension cable.
The Z170GTN is available from many large retailers for $115.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170GTN Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z170GTN Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z170GTN Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Jeff Goldblum joins 'Jurassic World 2' cast
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family