Some of you may have read a review I did a few months back on the Z170GT7 from BIOSTAR, a motherboard I instantly fell in love with because of its stunning heat sink LEDs and high overall value. Today, I take a look at another BIOSTAR creation along the same lineage as the GT7 but in a much smaller package, the GTN. At first glance, the Z170GTN seems to hit the nail on the head when it comes to the number of ports and their spacing and allotment, so it caught my attention.
The Z170GTN carries the same style of heat sink RGB LED design I saw on the Z170GT7, M.2, U.2, and decent spacing considerations and port layout. I have to admit I was very excited to get the Z170GTN in my hands since I have reviewed a few Z170 Mini-ITX motherboards, all of which are special in their own regard.
However, each one had some glaring issue such as a weak VRM, lack of M.2, or some crazy spacing that would cause headaches. Let's see how the Z170GTN does.
The Z170GTN has U.2, M.2, four SATA 6Gb/s ports, four USB 3.0 ports, a USB 3.0 internal header, an Intel NIC, and even support for an RGB extension cable.
The Z170GTN is available from many large retailers for $115.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170GTN Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z170GTN Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z170GTN Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset