AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The KM-G3 is essentially a frameless design, in which the black plastic covers the bottom of the keyboard, and wraps up along the sides. The metal top plate is ever so slightly smaller and is inset into the plastic. We can also see the exposed switches, and that the key caps are arched, and while flat on the table, most still are comfortably used.
This central section of 74 keys are found to have a stylized font used on each of them, many of them offering double, and even triple duty. We can also see bits of the brushed aluminum top plate exposed between sections of keys. Also note that the exposed screws are larger Torx screws, but any of them under the keycaps are standard Phillips screws.
The Escape key can be used to reset the backlighting to the default setting, while the F-keys start with multimedia support. F1 is used for CD function but opens Windows Media Player. The F2 lowers the volume; the F2 increases it, and the F3 key will mute all sounds. On the 1 through 5 keys, we see game mode settings, in which only certain keys are backlit for FPS, CF, COD, LOL, or Race games, and are said to be user definable as well.
More multimedia keys are found as we continue moving to the right across the top of the KM-G3. The F5 selects the last track on a disc or playlist; the F6 advances one track. The F7 is used for play/pause functionality, and the F8 is then used to stop whatever media is playing.
The next group of F-keys moves from multimedia and delivers some quick-launch buttons for things one might use every day. The F9 key will open your default email handler, and the F10 will open your default browser. As for F11, it opens your file explorer, and the F12 is used to open the calculator built into Windows.
The command keys and the number pad is found to be a full layout, totaling now 104 keys to the KM-G3 mechanical keyboard. The command keys are abbreviated in their names, and the arrow keys are highly stylized. As for the number pad, it looks pretty standard.
Some of the command keys also offer a dual function to them. The Print Screen button allows you to shut off the backlighting completely. The Insert button delivers mode one of the lighting options, and Delete is used for the more advanced lighting in mode two. Using the function key and the Home key is how you can reprogram the various settings found on the 1 through 5 keys.
PRICING: You can find the AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £56 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [KM-G3 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club