GIGABYTE has been nailing GeForce GTX 10 series graphics cards so far, with impressive entries in its GeForce GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming graphics cards. I'm finally getting through my stack of graphics cards from GIGABYTE, with the GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming card in the test bed for its turn through my benchmarks.
The new GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming is everything you want it to be: a quality mid-range graphics card with a bunch of features for gaming and VR, all while it runs cool and quiet while gaming.
GIGABYTE has put quite a lot of work into the cooling technology on its Xtreme Graphics-branded graphics cards, with their WINDFORCE 2X cooling system featuring 2 x 100mm blade fans.
As you can see, GIGABYTE has some nifty stuff going on with the WINDFORCE 2X cooling system.
Not only that, but we have a big push towards VR and making it easier than all of the competing GTX 10 series cards on the market. GIGABYTE has come out of nowhere with more impressive VR support than everyone else.
GIGABYTE has tweaked the clocks on its GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming graphics card, with the card featuring two profiles: OC and Gaming modes. The Gaming mode clocks the GPU up to 1620/1847MHz on base/boost, respectively - while the OC mode cranks it a little higher to 1645/1873MHz for base/boost, respectively.
GIGABYTE has some pretty good looking box art for the GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming, with the WINDFORCE cooler, VR-Link, and 4-year warranty details on the box.
It's beautiful, isn't it? The WINDFORCE 2X cooler looks great.
The backplate on the card looks good too, with some Xtreme Gaming branding on the back.
Remember you can control the LEDs on the card, but check out how thick it is! It's a triple-slot card, so prepare your system.
GIGABYTE's GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming uses just 1 x 8-pin PCIe power connector.
The end of the card, where we have 2 x HDMI 2.0 ports for the VR-Link system, and your VR headset.
From the bottom, we have a nice tease of the huge heat sink.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming retails for $319 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming retails for £317 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers