Tyler's Router Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Premium - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Klevv CRAS 16GB (4x4) DDR4 3000 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Secondary Storage: Intel 750 400GB U.2 SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Thermaltake P5 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
To control the functionality and to set up the Ubiquiti Amplifi HD, everything goes through this app. I grabbed it from the App Store on iOS, but it is available on Android as well.
Diving right in, we begin setup of our first mesh network.
Following the steps including three previous to the one above, we have plugged in the Ethernet and WAN cables and now the power.
The first step is the app seeing your base so you can begin customization.
The first true step in the process is giving our network a name and password.
A few more steps and the setup is complete, and we can begin using our network.
The dashboard interface has a pretty good layout. The bottom shows your connected clients and their performance, while the top gives a visual of the mesh points.
There is an ISP test if you flip over to the performance tab - I reached 60/6.
The next tab is the guest network, where you can adjust the settings to the right.
Moving to the management tab, we have settings for Internet and wireless along with the option below to adjust the LED and touchscreen brightness.
Wireless settings allow you to change the band and channel, while there is a deeper menu to dive further into settings.
When I first set this system up, we had to do a quick firmware update. So testing was all done on the firmware seen in the blue lettering.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Wireless Range & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni