Tyler's Router Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Premium - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Klevv CRAS 16GB (4x4) DDR4 3000 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Secondary Storage: Intel 750 400GB U.2 SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Thermaltake P5 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
To control the functionality and to set up the Ubiquiti Amplifi HD, everything goes through this app. I grabbed it from the App Store on iOS, but it is available on Android as well.
Diving right in, we begin setup of our first mesh network.
Following the steps including three previous to the one above, we have plugged in the Ethernet and WAN cables and now the power.
The first step is the app seeing your base so you can begin customization.
The first true step in the process is giving our network a name and password.
A few more steps and the setup is complete, and we can begin using our network.
The dashboard interface has a pretty good layout. The bottom shows your connected clients and their performance, while the top gives a visual of the mesh points.
There is an ISP test if you flip over to the performance tab - I reached 60/6.
The next tab is the guest network, where you can adjust the settings to the right.
Moving to the management tab, we have settings for Internet and wireless along with the option below to adjust the LED and touchscreen brightness.
Wireless settings allow you to change the band and channel, while there is a deeper menu to dive further into settings.
When I first set this system up, we had to do a quick firmware update. So testing was all done on the firmware seen in the blue lettering.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Wireless Range & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now