A subtle blue light from inside the system allows you to peek inside while the unit is turned on.
I am using some Kingston HyperX Impact DDR4 SO-DIMMs to test this system. The HX421S13IBK2/16 is a 2133MHz 16GB (8GB x 2) DDR4 SO-DIMM kit that works very well with this system. I used the Samsung 950 Pro as the M.2 drive and an Intel i5-6500 CPU.
CPU, Memory, System, and Graphics Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Work Test
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Resident Evil 6
Storage and Network Performance
ixChariot Network Throughput:
It's obvious that the desktop-class 65W i5-6500 is more powerful than 15W i7-6500U found in many other NUC-style devices. One would assume that they perform the same, or even close, especially considering the high cost of the i7-6500U compared to the i5-6500, but it's all about TDP and heat.
The i5-6500's TPD is almost four times the rated-TDP of the i7-6500U, and performance is roughly twice as good in certain scenarios. It's easy to see that when TDP and heat are on a strict budget, the i7-6500U makes sense, but the DeskMini 110 is capable of dissipating the heat without conjuring up jet engine noise levels, so it can afford the higher TDP and resulting performance bump.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the DeskMini 110]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design