It has been quite a while since we last had a product from Amped in the lab, but today we end that with the Athena. The Athena is an AC2600 wireless solution based on the Qualcomm platform.
While the early days of 802.11ac produced a top-end AC1900 specification, it did not take long for vendors to move past that and create tri-band solutions reaching all the way up to AC5300. At this point, I see AC1900 as the mainstream solution for most homes and AC2600 has filled in the gap between this mainstream functionality and the over the top "spaceship" routers like the ASUS RT5300 and Netgear X8.
If we look at the specifications of this solution, we very quickly find it powered by a dual-core Qualcomm CPU operating at 1.4GHz. This is a MU-MIMO solution as many AC2600 solutions are so we have the CPU paired with 128MB flash, the Athena is quite similar to most AC2600 solutions, what differs here is Amped has launched this router with 512MB of DDR3, more than I have seen on any other platform. The wireless side of things has each band with four high power amplifiers with an additional eight low noise amps. Output power is adjustable on this platform, and the antennas are detachable. On the backside, you will find four gigabit LAN ports and a single gigabit WAN along with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.
MSRP of the Amped Wireless RTA2600 is listed at $279.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel