It has been quite a while since we last had a product from Amped in the lab, but today we end that with the Athena. The Athena is an AC2600 wireless solution based on the Qualcomm platform.
While the early days of 802.11ac produced a top-end AC1900 specification, it did not take long for vendors to move past that and create tri-band solutions reaching all the way up to AC5300. At this point, I see AC1900 as the mainstream solution for most homes and AC2600 has filled in the gap between this mainstream functionality and the over the top "spaceship" routers like the ASUS RT5300 and Netgear X8.
If we look at the specifications of this solution, we very quickly find it powered by a dual-core Qualcomm CPU operating at 1.4GHz. This is a MU-MIMO solution as many AC2600 solutions are so we have the CPU paired with 128MB flash, the Athena is quite similar to most AC2600 solutions, what differs here is Amped has launched this router with 512MB of DDR3, more than I have seen on any other platform. The wireless side of things has each band with four high power amplifiers with an additional eight low noise amps. Output power is adjustable on this platform, and the antennas are detachable. On the backside, you will find four gigabit LAN ports and a single gigabit WAN along with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.
MSRP of the Amped Wireless RTA2600 is listed at $279.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Horizon: Zero Dawn's story will be 'hugely enjoyable'
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now