The GIGABYTE P34 series comes in a number of different configurations to accommodate a lot of different price point. They all have a 6th generation Intel Skylake i7-6700HQ CPU under the good, but with varying degrees of storage, RAM, and dedicated GPU on board. This particular model is the W variant that comes with a 970M and the optional 2560x1440 resolution IPS screen. In addition to that, 16GB of DDR4-2133MHz memory is installed, and upgradable as well. There's a 128GB Samsung NVMe compliant PCIe M.2 SSD and an additional 1TB of storage via a Hitachi-sourced HDD.
Though the 14" laptop is packed with power, they've also managed to put a massive battery into the chassis. It's fairly small at 20.8mm thick and only weighs a scant 3 pounds. Taking up the majority of that weight is the battery, which is a massive 61.25Wh in total capacity. That's one of the largest batteries offered in a laptop of this size, bar Apple's offerings, and without an external battery solution.
There are two primary configurations available to the consumer, the SL2, and SL3K2, which denote different resolutions; 1080p and 1440p, respectively. The SL2 version also has only 8GB of RAM. The rest of the specs are similar.
Warranty & Support
GIGABYTE has a 24-month worldwide warranty that applies to the P34W v5, which just happens to be a year longer than quite a few different manufacturers. The only limitation is that the batteries and AC adapter are only covered for the first year, and any other bundled accessories are excluded from the warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017