Nearly a year ago Linksys launched its first MU-MIMO solution into the market, the EA8500. I didn't have a chance to test that particular solution at the time but today we have a router in house that shares quite a few bits and pieces with that solution, especially on the hardware side.
The EA7500 is Linksys' expanding their portfolio into the MU-MIMO AC1900 market. Using the same Qualcomm EFX platform they have come up with a solution that while based on the same Smart Wi-Fi firmware platform can produce 1300 Mbps on the 5GHz band and 600 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. Additional features include four gigabit LAN ports along with a WAN port adding to storage ports equaling USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
A deeper look at the specifications shows Linksys is aiming this solution at medium households with around 12 devices. Also listed is MU-MIMO and Beamforming support along with its dual-core CPU, which in this case is the Qualcomm IPQ8064. Paired with the 8064 is 128MB of DDR3 and 128MB of NAND.
The radios use a 3x3 configuration and are supplied by Qualcomm as well with model numbers QCA9982 and QCA9983, the switch used is a QCA8337. Filesystem support for the USB 3.0 storage option includes FAT, NTFS, and HFS+ and it is Wi-Fi Certified.
MSRP of the Linksys Wireless Router is set at $199.99 and features a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys MAX-STREAM EA7500 AC1900 MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design