To begin testing, we set up the router for LAN throughput. Coming in at 931 Mbps, the R8500 did quite well here considering it's only 20 Mbps shy of the highest numbers we have seen.
WAN to LAN came in at 884 Mbps, slightly quicker than the C2600 and G10 from ASRock.
Switching to wireless throughput, I found the R8500 was not fairing very well with 102 Mbps on the 20MHz band and 119 Mbps on the 40MHz band.
In testing 5GHz throughput, I had to add another data point to our chart as this solution is the first to support 1024QAM, allowing higher throughput on the 80MHz band.
As you can see in our standard testing, the R8500 reached 144 Mbps, 151 Mbps and 421 Mbps respectively but kicking it into high gear with 1024QAM we hit an astonishing 920 Mbps wirelessly, and I'm 99% sure it is bottlenecked by our gigabit port doing the testing.
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
Starting with the 2.4GHz band, the Nighthawk was able to produce 56 Mbps over all three devices.
5GHz MU-MIMO performance came in at 292 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band Quad Stream Wi-Fi Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017