To begin testing, we set up the router for LAN throughput. Coming in at 931 Mbps, the R8500 did quite well here considering it's only 20 Mbps shy of the highest numbers we have seen.
WAN to LAN came in at 884 Mbps, slightly quicker than the C2600 and G10 from ASRock.
Switching to wireless throughput, I found the R8500 was not fairing very well with 102 Mbps on the 20MHz band and 119 Mbps on the 40MHz band.
In testing 5GHz throughput, I had to add another data point to our chart as this solution is the first to support 1024QAM, allowing higher throughput on the 80MHz band.
As you can see in our standard testing, the R8500 reached 144 Mbps, 151 Mbps and 421 Mbps respectively but kicking it into high gear with 1024QAM we hit an astonishing 920 Mbps wirelessly, and I'm 99% sure it is bottlenecked by our gigabit port doing the testing.
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
Starting with the 2.4GHz band, the Nighthawk was able to produce 56 Mbps over all three devices.
5GHz MU-MIMO performance came in at 292 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band Quad Stream Wi-Fi Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel