Filling the gap between HDMI dongles and the traditional desktop is becoming easier as CPU TDPs drop while maintaining desktop level performance. Intel's 6th Generation Core family of processors ushered in CPUs ranging in TDPs from 35W to 91W, which expands the possibilities of desktop processors. The Core iX 6XXXT series of processors, such as the Core i3 6100T used in the LIVA ONE, are 35W counterparts of their non-T versions.
The big difference between the "T" and "non-T" other than the TDP is a reduction of clock speed. The 6100T clocks in at 3.2GHz, while the 6100 can run at 3.7GHz with a 47W TDP. These new lower power counterparts allow for much shorter, slimmer, and hopefully, quieter machines. Let's see if the LIVA ONE can lead the way.
The LIVA ONE is a pre-built PC without an OS while the SF100 is a barebones version of the LIVA ONE. The LIVA ONE comes with an i3-6100T which is a 2core/4thread 3.2GHz CPU, a single 8GB DDR3 SO-DIMM (there is a second open slot), and an Intel 80GB M.2 SSD.
The unit has available space for a 2.5-inch drive in case you want to expand storage. Unlike many other SFF PCs, the LIVA ONE's USB Type-C port is a USB 3.1 port instead of USB 3.0 or USB 2.0. The device also supports both a 1Gbit LAN port and Wireless AC/BT 4.0.
The LIVA ONE costs $450 while the barebones version will cost roughly $170.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm acquires NXP Semiconductor for $47 billion
- Nintendo Switch has 6-inch 720p multi-touchscreen
- Twitter kills Vine app, web version still available
- Titanfall 2 for PC, up to 20% off for Friday's release
- Final Fantasy XV has gone gold, will have online co-op
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation