Filling the gap between HDMI dongles and the traditional desktop is becoming easier as CPU TDPs drop while maintaining desktop level performance. Intel's 6th Generation Core family of processors ushered in CPUs ranging in TDPs from 35W to 91W, which expands the possibilities of desktop processors. The Core iX 6XXXT series of processors, such as the Core i3 6100T used in the LIVA ONE, are 35W counterparts of their non-T versions.
The big difference between the "T" and "non-T" other than the TDP is a reduction of clock speed. The 6100T clocks in at 3.2GHz, while the 6100 can run at 3.7GHz with a 47W TDP. These new lower power counterparts allow for much shorter, slimmer, and hopefully, quieter machines. Let's see if the LIVA ONE can lead the way.
The LIVA ONE is a pre-built PC without an OS while the SF100 is a barebones version of the LIVA ONE. The LIVA ONE comes with an i3-6100T which is a 2core/4thread 3.2GHz CPU, a single 8GB DDR3 SO-DIMM (there is a second open slot), and an Intel 80GB M.2 SSD.
The unit has available space for a 2.5-inch drive in case you want to expand storage. Unlike many other SFF PCs, the LIVA ONE's USB Type-C port is a USB 3.1 port instead of USB 3.0 or USB 2.0. The device also supports both a 1Gbit LAN port and Wireless AC/BT 4.0.
The LIVA ONE costs $450 while the barebones version will cost roughly $170.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99