Tyler's Router Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
Setup of the RT1900ac is pretty simple, browsing to 192.168.1.1 will start things off with the screen seen above.
Setup proceeds through setting up your Wi-Fi network.
Landing into SRM, we have the network center top the right with the package or app center right below.
Tagging the icon in the top left allows the menu to drop down where you gain access to file station, system logs, and the storage center.
Opening up the network center, you can immediately see how much bandwidth is being processed. At the top, you have internet connectivity followed by 2.4 and 5GHz wireless networks.
Taking a quick look at the wireless menu, you can see all the options needed for configuring are there including access to guest networks and MAC filtering.
A unique feature of the Synology RT1900ac is the ability for this router to accept 3/4G dongles, a feature I have only seen supported on ASUS routers.
As mentioned previously, parental controls on this router are pretty in depth and allow you to block websites through an umbrella feature or you can manually specify sites to block.
Above we have the traffic control menu that shows you an overall bandwidth usage figure along with devices using the most bandwidth.
Notifications from SRM go pretty in depth as you can see with the list above
Moving to the administration menu, you have the ability to switch route modes and use this solution as an Access Point or Client if you need to bridge a connection.
Seen above, we did all of our testing on SRM 1.0.1-6007 Update 2.
Another thing I mentioned in my opening statements was the brightness of the many LEDs mounted across the front. Luckily, there is software control of these LEDs including full support for scheduling and as you can see I set the lights to shut off at 9 PM.
Apps for the RT1900ac are quite slim at this point with just the five you see above available.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- Final 'Fantastic Beasts' trailer brings back the magic
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now