At just about this time last year, many vendors were rolling out their products based on the new Bay Trail platform from Intel. With many of those products ushering in a new generation of performance that further pushed the uptick in power efficiency for NAS solutions, we now have the next evolution of the NAS platform as Braswell has emerged, and Bay Trail D takes a back seat.
If you were to take a look at the new 6000 series of appliances from Asustor, you wouldn't think anything has changed. This new run of devices uses the same shell that we found on the entire 5000 series that stretches back a number of years. Where you will find change is internal, with the heart of the appliance and for the AS6202T that starts with the Intel Celeron N3150. If you read marketing materials, Asustor would have surely let you know that they were first to market with the new Intel Braswell silicon, and while we weren't the first tech based website to post a review of this hardware, we have had it in the lab for a little while. In fact, we have had this particular appliance on the bench for the last month at least, testing several revisions of firmware.
Diving into the specifications of the AS6202T, we find the brain of the operation at the top of the list, the Intel Celeron N3150. This CPU operates at 1.6GHz and boosts to a touch over 2GHz. 4GB of DDR3 aids in the performance of this appliance while peaking inside the unit you will find a 512MB SATA DOM housing the OS firmware. The dual Gigabit Ethernet is powered by two Broadcom 57781 chips while the audio and SATA lanes come from a Realtek ALC887 and ASMedia 1061 IC, respectively. With this NAS solution being part of Asustor Power User to Business lineup, the price certainly matches up as this two bay AS6202T appliance carries an MSRP of $569.99 with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS retails for $563 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS retails for £462 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives