At just about this time last year, many vendors were rolling out their products based on the new Bay Trail platform from Intel. With many of those products ushering in a new generation of performance that further pushed the uptick in power efficiency for NAS solutions, we now have the next evolution of the NAS platform as Braswell has emerged, and Bay Trail D takes a back seat.
If you were to take a look at the new 6000 series of appliances from Asustor, you wouldn't think anything has changed. This new run of devices uses the same shell that we found on the entire 5000 series that stretches back a number of years. Where you will find change is internal, with the heart of the appliance and for the AS6202T that starts with the Intel Celeron N3150. If you read marketing materials, Asustor would have surely let you know that they were first to market with the new Intel Braswell silicon, and while we weren't the first tech based website to post a review of this hardware, we have had it in the lab for a little while. In fact, we have had this particular appliance on the bench for the last month at least, testing several revisions of firmware.
Diving into the specifications of the AS6202T, we find the brain of the operation at the top of the list, the Intel Celeron N3150. This CPU operates at 1.6GHz and boosts to a touch over 2GHz. 4GB of DDR3 aids in the performance of this appliance while peaking inside the unit you will find a 512MB SATA DOM housing the OS firmware. The dual Gigabit Ethernet is powered by two Broadcom 57781 chips while the audio and SATA lanes come from a Realtek ALC887 and ASMedia 1061 IC, respectively. With this NAS solution being part of Asustor Power User to Business lineup, the price certainly matches up as this two bay AS6202T appliance carries an MSRP of $569.99 with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS retails for $563 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS retails for £462 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience