Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
The Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream overclocked quite well for us, where we were able to reach 1240MHz on the GPU, resulting in a Boost Clock of 1328MHz. This is up from the default clocks of 1152MHz and 1241MHz, respectively.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
I was expecting the power consumption on the Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream to be around 10% more than the reference GTX 980 Ti, so let's see how we went with power consumption.
As we can see, I almost nailed it. 390W total system power consumption with the Palit card in our system, compared to the 360W of power consumed with the reference GTX 980 Ti card in our system from NVIDIA.
The thing about video cards these days, and more so with the new Maxwell-based NVIDIA cards, is that they run so cool under load that the fans never have to spin up. Palit has also done an incredible job with the Super JetStream cooler, that it never made noise during our testing, apart from me manually turning the fan speed up to 50% and 100%.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking, Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD