Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
The Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream overclocked quite well for us, where we were able to reach 1240MHz on the GPU, resulting in a Boost Clock of 1328MHz. This is up from the default clocks of 1152MHz and 1241MHz, respectively.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
I was expecting the power consumption on the Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream to be around 10% more than the reference GTX 980 Ti, so let's see how we went with power consumption.
As we can see, I almost nailed it. 390W total system power consumption with the Palit card in our system, compared to the 360W of power consumed with the reference GTX 980 Ti card in our system from NVIDIA.
The thing about video cards these days, and more so with the new Maxwell-based NVIDIA cards, is that they run so cool under load that the fans never have to spin up. Palit has also done an incredible job with the Super JetStream cooler, that it never made noise during our testing, apart from me manually turning the fan speed up to 50% and 100%.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking, Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now