MSI is a well-known manufacturer of motherboards, laptops and video cards, and today I get to look at their X99S-MPower. In the motherboard world, MSI is known for their military class component selection criteria and their solid performance.
Recently they have made major changes to their lineup, introducing more targeted products like the X99S-MPower. While in the past MSI's top overclocking board might have been their most expensive product, now they have motherboards with exceptional overclocking ability in a more affordable price bracket.
I did write an overclocking report on this board a few months ago, but today I will cover most everything else so you can get an idea of what this board is all about.
The most notable specification is that MSI decided to allocate 4x PCI-E 3.0 to their M.2 slot for maximum performance. They have also expanded the number of USB 3.0 ports and headers, and provided a nice set of overclocking features.
At $285 on Newegg, the X99S-MPower is right in the middle between the most and least expensive X99 motherboards, of which there are many now.
It is targeted mainly at builders who want nice overclocks, and also entices overclockers looking to break world records.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Computer ATX DDR4 3000 LGA 2011-3 Motherboards X99S MPOWER for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99S-MPower]
- Page 3 [X99S-MPower Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand