The ability to enjoy music in our homes is a luxury we all enjoy in some fashion. For those of us that have home theater setups, it's not always convenient to plug our portable media players into the receiver to stream music.
To aid in this situation, D-Link has recently launched its DCH-M225 Wireless Audio Extender that can turn any portable speaker or home receiver into an Airplay device, allowing you to stream audio from your smartphone. In addition to this, the Wireless Audio Extender has the ability to extend your wireless network via the built-in 802.11n functionality.
MSRP of the D-Link DCH-M225 is listed at $49.99 with a one-year warranty.
To test the functionality of the M225, D-Link sent along a separate portable speaker from Monoprice.
Scope of delivery for the M225 includes the extender along with reading materials.
The front of the extender houses a single LED.
Here we have the side of the unit, which is where we find the WPS button for quick connection to your network.
The bottom of the unit houses the 3.5mm audio output.
Setup of the unit is pretty straightforward, with the included wizard available from the web GUI.
The second screen in the setup menu allows you to use WPS or configure the device manually.
After setup has been completed, you can browse through the options of the device. Within here, as you can see, you can enable and disable Airplay and the DLNA service.
As soon as setup was complete, I was able to switch right over to my iPhone 5s and open up the Airplay menu to see the M225 was now available for use.
In my short time using this Wireless Audio Extender, I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the audio output. In addition to this, the setup is nearly instantaneous; you just plug in your portable speaker or receiver to the M225, plug it into the wall, and then the setup menu guides you through in less than 5 minutes.
Build quality of the unit is great and is also very compact. Performance, as I mentioned briefly above, is superb and allows you to move around freely with your device at your side. Even more, with this unit also doubling as a network extender, you can gain a little more signal for your devices that may be nearby.
The MSRP for the D-Link DCH-M225 is set at $49.99 with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the D-Link DCH-M225 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The D-Link DCH-M225 retails for $56.46 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller