Compact 1U servers are commonplace in the data centers these days, ranging from single socket all the way to quad socket machines.
ASUS has a strong offering in the desktop and enthusiast area but they also have a string line up of servers to meet data center needs. ASUS makes servers that offer superior performance with reduced power usage and able to run cooler.
The server we are going to look at today is the ASUS RS300-E8-RS4 1U single socket server. Let us look at some of the key features that this server offers.
The RS300-E8-RS4 offers enhanced I/O expandability with 2+1 expansion slots. One PCI express 3.0 x16 slot and one PCI express 3.0 x8 slot which can power two dual full-height add-on cards. The RS300-E8-RS4 includes a PIKE expansion slot for optional upgrades to SATA/SAS storage and RAID systems.
ASUS has included exclusive Beat Thermal Chokes, used on their ROG line up of motherboards to improve power efficiency. With the unique fin designs of these chokes gives them the ability to handle greater stress and operate around 4C cooler for added stability. These chokes have increased stability by the use of highly conductive and efficient gold-treated coatings. These designs significantly increase power efficiency up to 91%.
ASUS also offers an exclusive air cooler, developed for HTA (High Ambient Temperature) environments to maintain stability in sustainable 40 degrees centigrade stress while reducing power loss.
It also includes an inside bay that can house up to two SSD's to increase performance. This server also offers tool-less rail assemblies, which snap into place. Let us get started on getting this server setup and running.
Opening the shipping box, we find the contents layout, the server comes packed with foam inserts on each end that come split into two pieces. The accessory box comes placed in the middle for easy removal.
The top center of the box took a hit by the shipping company. There is plenty of space in the shipping package to absorb this kind of damage and no harm done to any of the components inside.
After removal of the accessory box and the top foam inserts we can see the server wrapped in plastic for protection.
Now with the server removed we find the rail kit box located in the bottom of the shipping box.
Here we have the accessory box and the rail kit.
The contents inside the accessory box are as follows:
1 x RS300-E8 User's Guide
2 x Bag of Screws
2 x AC Power Cable
1 x RS300-E8 Support DVD
1 x ASWM ENTERPRISE DVD
1x Box with CPU cooler
In the white box, we find the CPU cooler. It comes in one piece and uses six screws to mount inside the server.
Here is another look at the CPU cooler. The design is passive and uses heat pipes to channel the heat from the CPU to a radiator that sits up next to the main server cooling fans.
Here are the contents of the included rail kit. Two tool-less rails and a package with mounting screws and side locking spring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Cyberpunk 2077 has 'huge living cities,' real-time AI
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- NX will get Nintendo 'back into the race,' says Ubisoft
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now