Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
While not quite a chart topper at the stock settings, we are within a degree of the Nepton 280L. We had the pump at 4800 RPM for all testing as slowing it offered no thermal benefits. Something else to consider is that we have 1200 RPM fans voltage limited to 7.5V here as well. Considering what is cooling the radiator, we find this to be a great result.
Again, we did not quite make it to the top with the overclock applied to the system. However, these results are fan limited. Considering what you are about to see in the audio charts, to get into the top four spots with two fans pushing little static pressure and about 80-90 CFM between the two of them, this 68.66 degree result is impressive.
Noise Level Results
At 7.5V, the NB-eLoop fans were spinning near 850 RPM, drastically reducing what little CFM and pressure these fans are capable of. Even so, the system is barely audible, and at this point, we could hear the hum of the VPP655 over the 26 dB reading we got from the back or outgoing side of the radiator.
What is truly a blessing is that while it competes with the large assembled coolers, it is six slots down to the Larkooler, which is much louder than the Alphacool was, and it's eleven slots to the first AIO, and it isn't one in the same level as this is. Silence is golden with thermal results this NexXoS set offers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool NexXxoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station]
- Page 5 [NexXoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- WhatsApp to share user data with Facebook
- Domino's Pizza begins testing drone delivery
- The best way to rock out to premium audio anywhere
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- PS4 Slim: 1.84 TFLOPs, HDD swapping, no 4K or HDR
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller