Build and Finished Product
The mounting screws were installed as per the instructions by sliding a nylon washer on the screw and passing it through the motherboard. Aside from having to keep the wrench in the end of these screws, all the rest of the mounting is done up top.
We added thermal paste to the CPU and set the block on top of it with the Intel steel bracket lying on the rim of the CPU block. On each screw, you drop a nylon washer down it and screw down the nuts to lock them to the motherboard. Then, set the block down, add a steel washer, the spring, and tighten the thumbscrews in an X pattern.
Before we put the motherboard back into the D-Frame, we did add the compression fittings to make life a little easier as we contemplate how to install this loop into this chassis.
We went with a top mounted radiator position, which actually ends up being run as if it were hung off the back of a chassis as well as being laid on its side. This was just the best place with access to the fittings and the fill port on the UT60.
Since the D-Frame lacks a dual 5.25-inch bay, we made it fit where the HDDs should go by strapping it to the fan frame and adding some foam to isolate the pump from making things rattle down there. We also added a pair of ninety-degree fittings to the back of the reservoir to make life easy with the tubing runs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool NexXxoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station]
- Page 5 [NexXoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience