There are many ways that you can get your servers. You can buy them from OEMs that are pre-built, buy a barebones kits, or build the whole thing yourself.
One of the easiest ways to get started is to pick up a barebones kit and install your CPUs, RAM, and drives of choice.
Today, we will be looking at an ASRock Rack 2U12L6SC-2TS6 barebones server kit. The motherboard used in the ASRock 2U12L6SC-2TS6 is the EP2C602-2TS6/D16.
The ASRock 2U12L6SC-2TS6 is very close to the ASRock EP2C602-2T/D16 Server Motherboard (Intel C602) that we reviewed recently.
The main difference between these two motherboards is the storage options available on the two boards.
Here you can see what the server looks like after we opened the shipping box. The server comes shipped in protective foam inserts. Located on the side is a small accessory box.
We really liked how the foam inserts came in two pieces. This allows us to remove the top piece at both ends and simply lift out the server. Many servers we receive come with an insert that slips over both ends; this means we have to pull the whole server out before we can remove the inserts.
The server comes with a simple accessory list: just a manual, driver disk, and hard drive mounting screws. We like printed manuals a lot here because we don't have to find a PDF file and view that on a separate computer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [Preparing for Use]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Software & Remote Management]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [System and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [UnixBench 5.1.3 and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience