Usually when we get in a mechanical keyboard, we find them to be heavy, thick, and sometimes hard to use without the addition of a wrist rest of some shape or form. But what if a manufacturer were to make something along the lines of what we see in rubber dome switch offerings? What if the keyboard was slimmer from top to bottom, the front of the keyboard did not have that huge lip on the front that makes a wrist rest almost mandatory, and lastly, what if the key caps were only as tall as they need to be to work rather than having 5mm thick keycaps? Well, Cherry has brought forth something that we strongly believe the mechanical keyboard market was missing.
Along with reducing the frame and components that make up this mechanical keyboard to only just what is needed to do the job, they have not only eliminated a lot of the issues that plague mechanical keyboards, but they are also delivering something that can be grabbed with one hand, moved around, and is something that you would not mind packing into a bag to take on the go.
Now, users can benefit from what a mechanical keyboard can offer anywhere, instead of just when sitting at home or at the office. In this design, the dimensions, its thinner keycaps, and its portability make this the first mechanical keyboard of its kind that we have had the pleasure to use, and I can see it being a huge hit with the ever-expanding amount of selections out there.
Out of the blue, we were contacted by Cherry to have a look at their latest mechanical keyboard they have to offer. With a name like MX-Board 3.0, there are two things we can take from it. One is that it is a Cherry MX switch based offering. The other is that there were previous versions of this design. Since we are just now mixing it up between Cherry and TweakTown, we have not seen any of the previous designs.
Sometimes that is a good thing, but sometimes that can be bad. While we have no firsthand knowledge of what Cherry has offered before this, its revision becomes less of a perk for us. On the flip side, when you design something right, the product will stand on its own, no matter how many times the product has been introduced. With the Cherry MX Board 3.0 we are looking at today, it is the latter that comes into effect as this keyboard sort of breaks a lot of the rules we are used to in other offerings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 5 [MX-Board 3.0 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the MX-Board 3.0]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Naples' processor spotted, features 64 CPU threads
- AMD acquires HiAlgo which works on dynamic resoution scaling, and more
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card