Inside the Reaper
This is the section of the review where we go ahead and void the warranty of the device. The top of the Reaper is made of three sections with a large PCB attached to it. As for the lower section, it almost looks bare and dysfunctional with such a tiny PCB installed there.
You will need a long skinny screwdriver to access the #2 screw for removal of this painted, pot metal, palm plate. At this point you could paint it, or with the use of a scanner, this could also be replicated with 3D printer parts where one could add their own personal touches.
Looking back at the PCB that was mounted inside of the top of the Reaper, it's apparent they have used it for LED lighting and placed the switches onto it. This is also where the MCU is located.
Gently persuading one of the LEDs out of our way, we find the Sonix SN8F2288FG. This is a 16-bit, 12MHz MCU that offers the 128kb of onboard memory to house various Macro and Profile settings. When that is full, you can save them on the PC and swap them in and out of memory.
While the DPI buttons are backed with smaller pad style switches, the page forward and page back buttons use white HC switches to take care of that functionality.
Under the left click buttons, Cooler Master offers the Omron D2FC-F-7N that delivers that solid feel we all like. It also delivers a long life of up to five million clicks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis