The Build and Finished Product
Getting started, I removed the top of the chassis to install the PSU. If you have optical drives installed, the room for connectivity between them is somewhat limited, but I was left with roughly three inches of room for wiring and connectivity. Also, note that the fan is up to utilize the venting in the roof of the RV04.
Since it is designed to, I removed the three screws, slid the tray slightly to the front of the chassis, and removed it so I could install the motherboard to it much easier than if it was still inside of the chassis.
After much more assembly and wiring, we are now ready to show off the completed build. The ODD is installed, and it lines up very well with the inner fascia. I also left the dust filter in place for this image, so that you can see what it looks like behind the door.
Inside I did take advantage of the fan duct for its wiring purposes to keep the fan wiring under control. I did not need the VGA support for the card I chose, so I left it and the large HDD rack out for this build. I also added the TD03, and had no issues with it fitting in the optional fan location.
In the back of the RV04, everything goes right into place with ease. The PSU, expansion card, rear I/O cover, even the AIO, it just all went together without any fight and required no flexing to get things lined up.
While the room is a bit limited, I was able to run all of my cabling in behind the tray. There is one thing to point out, if you do plan to attach any wiring to the motherboard tray, it makes removal of said tray impossible at that point. Even though tougher than most to wire, I was able to come up with this and the door fits cleanly over it all.
The Raven 4 is now all buttoned up and awaiting some power to get on with the testing phase of our using this chassis.
Powered up, the Raven 4 comes to life. It is easy to tell in two ways if your RV04 has power. The easiest is to look at the red LED on the front, but if you are anywhere close to it, the sound of this chassis is also something you will notice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm aims to make smartwatches much better with new chip
- Microsoft to reveal new Windows 10 and Xbox One plans this month
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.1 now on PC, adds custom dedicated servers
- Only digital pre-orders unlock access to the Hitman beta
- Watch Dogs 2 confirmed for 2017, releasing with the new South Park
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance