Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The SST-RV04 comes in two flavors; one of them is a chassis with a window on the right side of the chassis, while the other comes with a solid steel door. Speaking of steel, the body of the chassis is indeed steel, and SilverStone chose to use reinforced plastic at the front and top of this design. On the inside of this chassis, there is room for motherboards from Micro-ATX on through to SSI-EEB and SSI-CEB motherboards (with slight restrictions on the larger boards), in an inverted position. There are also two 5.25" bays for optical drives or a reservoir, room for up to seven 3.5" drives, and with some reconfiguring of the drive bays, room for four 2.5" drives.
To cool this tower chassis, SilverStone has added a pair of 180mm Air Penetrator fans connected to switches to allow control of them. An added feature is that they also send conversion plates to allow users to put three 120mm fans down the front of the chassis, which then offers the possibility of having a 360mm radiator if you wanted to. There is also room for a 120mm fan in the rear of the chassis, but SilverStone has chosen to leave that spot empty.
Externally, there is a lot going on too. There are a total of eight expansion slots to offer plenty of room for expansion cards. There is also the front I/O consisting of a pair of USB 3.0 ports, along with HD Audio jacks. To find the power and reset buttons, you need to look at the protruding door panel that covers the front of the RV04. At the top, molded into the stylized striped design that is used on the plastic, as it nears the top panel, the power and reset buttons are located there. The top of the chassis offers ventilation as well as a dust filter, but this is not for fans or radiators, it is to allow the top mounted power supply to have a way to draw cooler air from outside the chassis. I don't want to get real deep in the external design so much, as I really think the images are needed to fully grasp what is going on with this design.
Even with this being a freshly released case, I had no issues locating the Raven 4 for sale. My first search was at Newegg, where I found this chassis listed for $159.99 with an additional $14.98 required for shipping at the time of writing. Then as I hopped over to Amazon, they also list this chassis at $159.99, but are offering free two day shipping. I for one think that this price is reasonable.
Considering all the changes to the interior layout and design, along with what this case offers beyond that aspect, you are definitely getting a fully featured chassis when buying the Raven 4, including things you may not even think you need, until you see them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20