If you've followed my motherboards over the past few years, you'd know that I have this unhealthy love for the Mini-ITX platform. One that is probably made worse by the fact that I still have continued to never personally build a system for myself around one. It doesn't change the fact that I love the platform, though, and continue to test motherboards based on it as soon as they arrive to see just what's going on.
We recently got a chance to see what MSI is doing with the platform in the form of the Z87I. Closer to launch we also got to look at the ASRock offering in the form of the Z87E-ITX. Today it's time to see what GIGABYTE is doing with the platform with its new Z87N-WIFI.
Since the launch of the Intel Z87 platform, we've been able to get a good grasp of what's going on with it and when it comes to the Mini-ITX form factor, having already looked at a couple of boards that use this form factor, it's hardly new to us, and most likely you as well.
So, let's just get into what exactly we're dealing with here today and start off with the package.
As you'd expect, the box is of course smaller and not quite the same amount of information can be shown on it. Saying that, though, you can see GIGABYTE is showing off quite a bit with the front pushing some of the main features including Ultra Durable 4 Plus along with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology.
Turning the box over you can see a picture of the board and some of the main features. A lot of these surround the Ultra Durable 4 Plus feature which includes Long Lifespan All Solid Caps, High Temperature Protection, High ESD, Humidity Protection and Anti Surge technology. All features to make for a more stable and longer lasting board. Some of the other major features covered include the UEFI DualBIOS, 15u Gold Plated CPU Socket, along with others that we'll look at on following page, as we move in closer to the motherboard.
With a small box it comes as no surprise that we're not dealing with the largest of bundles. You can see the standard line up of goodies which include paperwork, driver CD, a pair of SATA cables and a rear I/O backplate. Along with these, though, also included is a Wi-Fi Antenna. We'll take a closer look at the Wi-Fi networking on the next page when we look at the motherboard itself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blade and Soul getting new content after reaching 2 million players
- Buy Quantum Break get Alan Wake for free, because you always wanted it
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance