If you've followed my motherboards over the past few years, you'd know that I have this unhealthy love for the Mini-ITX platform. One that is probably made worse by the fact that I still have continued to never personally build a system for myself around one. It doesn't change the fact that I love the platform, though, and continue to test motherboards based on it as soon as they arrive to see just what's going on.
We recently got a chance to see what MSI is doing with the platform in the form of the Z87I. Closer to launch we also got to look at the ASRock offering in the form of the Z87E-ITX. Today it's time to see what GIGABYTE is doing with the platform with its new Z87N-WIFI.
Since the launch of the Intel Z87 platform, we've been able to get a good grasp of what's going on with it and when it comes to the Mini-ITX form factor, having already looked at a couple of boards that use this form factor, it's hardly new to us, and most likely you as well.
So, let's just get into what exactly we're dealing with here today and start off with the package.
As you'd expect, the box is of course smaller and not quite the same amount of information can be shown on it. Saying that, though, you can see GIGABYTE is showing off quite a bit with the front pushing some of the main features including Ultra Durable 4 Plus along with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology.
Turning the box over you can see a picture of the board and some of the main features. A lot of these surround the Ultra Durable 4 Plus feature which includes Long Lifespan All Solid Caps, High Temperature Protection, High ESD, Humidity Protection and Anti Surge technology. All features to make for a more stable and longer lasting board. Some of the other major features covered include the UEFI DualBIOS, 15u Gold Plated CPU Socket, along with others that we'll look at on following page, as we move in closer to the motherboard.
With a small box it comes as no surprise that we're not dealing with the largest of bundles. You can see the standard line up of goodies which include paperwork, driver CD, a pair of SATA cables and a rear I/O backplate. Along with these, though, also included is a Wi-Fi Antenna. We'll take a closer look at the Wi-Fi networking on the next page when we look at the motherboard itself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset