Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Starting off with the price, we have to say that the associated $159.99 price tag that sits on the GIGABTYE Z87X-UD3H at the time of writing is fantastic. Considering the look of the board and the general performance, pricing is one area we couldn't complain about. Along with those areas, though, everything behind the Ultra Durable 5 Plus setup is fantastic and really help make for a great looking and performing board.
When it comes to the bundle, it's ultimately what you would expect out of a board at this price. The cost of having a board that does look as good at this, but does also carry a price tag in the mid-$100 range is that it's not going to be packed to the rim with extras. You really have everything you need to get up and running and not much more. If the board hit closer to the $200 mark, that might've been an issue for us, but where the board does hit at means we're fine with the bundle.
Looking at features you're again lacking in some areas due to the cheaper price. You don't have dual Gigabit networking, onboard wireless and 10 SATA ports. You do have the Ultra Durable 5 Plus features, though, a quality heatsink setup, Gigabit networking, plenty of video out and audio out options and just everything that most people would need.
Performance is strong and of course it's the highest overclock we've seen to date from a Z87 motherboard. Of course the most important thing to remember here is that we're using a new i7 4770k that we knew would overclock higher from the get go. Out of the box, though, the performance is strong and lines up with the other Z87 offerings. Power draw, though, is very impressive, with the idle and load numbers being the lowest out of the bunch.
I think the other thing that we really have to mention is the new BIOS that's offered. We're glad to see that GIGABYTE has ditched the 3D BIOS for this new one. It's ultra-smooth and looks fantastic.
GIGABYTE has made a really good motherboard here. The Z87X-UD3H performs greats and hits at a fantastic price point. If you're looking for a quality Z87 motherboard that not only looks good, but performs well and at an excellent price point, we can't deny that this is one that will likely grab your attention.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS