Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Starting off with the price, we have to say that the associated $159.99 price tag that sits on the GIGABTYE Z87X-UD3H at the time of writing is fantastic. Considering the look of the board and the general performance, pricing is one area we couldn't complain about. Along with those areas, though, everything behind the Ultra Durable 5 Plus setup is fantastic and really help make for a great looking and performing board.
When it comes to the bundle, it's ultimately what you would expect out of a board at this price. The cost of having a board that does look as good at this, but does also carry a price tag in the mid-$100 range is that it's not going to be packed to the rim with extras. You really have everything you need to get up and running and not much more. If the board hit closer to the $200 mark, that might've been an issue for us, but where the board does hit at means we're fine with the bundle.
Looking at features you're again lacking in some areas due to the cheaper price. You don't have dual Gigabit networking, onboard wireless and 10 SATA ports. You do have the Ultra Durable 5 Plus features, though, a quality heatsink setup, Gigabit networking, plenty of video out and audio out options and just everything that most people would need.
Performance is strong and of course it's the highest overclock we've seen to date from a Z87 motherboard. Of course the most important thing to remember here is that we're using a new i7 4770k that we knew would overclock higher from the get go. Out of the box, though, the performance is strong and lines up with the other Z87 offerings. Power draw, though, is very impressive, with the idle and load numbers being the lowest out of the bunch.
I think the other thing that we really have to mention is the new BIOS that's offered. We're glad to see that GIGABYTE has ditched the 3D BIOS for this new one. It's ultra-smooth and looks fantastic.
GIGABYTE has made a really good motherboard here. The Z87X-UD3H performs greats and hits at a fantastic price point. If you're looking for a quality Z87 motherboard that not only looks good, but performs well and at an excellent price point, we can't deny that this is one that will likely grab your attention.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's recent Gamer Connect event in India: success
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family