The new MSI GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC uses the popular Twin Frozr IV cooler that we've seen on other high-end models from MSI in the past. The main difference here is that MSI moved away from the standard brushed silver look. Instead MSI has gone for a new black and red color scheme which looks great and of course goes in line with the new Gaming Series color scheme.
The heatsink on a whole is actually massive and you can see look at the top just how much it overshoots the PCB. We've got two massive fans on the card which sit on top of a huge heatsink. Looking at the bottom you can also see a couple of heat pipes coming out the bottom to help pull heat away from the core.
MSI have upped the ante by moving away from the reference dual 6-pin PCIe power connectors and instead opted for a single 8-pin PCIe and 6-pin PCIe power connector. This should assist in achieving a stronger overclock over the reference card. Heading towards the front you can see two SLI connectors.
The I/O department paints the standard picture with two Dual-Link DVI connectors on the right. One is a DVI-D, while the other is DVI-I. You can also see at the bottom left side that we've got a HDMI and DisplayPort connector.
As we mentioned earlier, we're dealing with a pre-overclocked video card from MSI today. Looking below you can see MSI have bumped the core up to 1120MHz, which has in turn bumped the Boost clock up to 1085MHz. This compared to the reference 980MHz core (1033MHz via Boost). As for the 2GB of GDDR5, MSI have chosen to leave that at the standard 6008MHz.
Heading into MSI Afterburner, we decided to see just what we could get. Bumping the voltage up, we managed to push the core up to 1155MHz (1225MHz via Boost). As for the 2GB of GDDR5, that was pushed to an even 6800MHz QDR. This compares to the reference care which saw the core go to 1105MHz (1158MHz via Boost). As for the 2GB of GDDR5, that pretty much came in at the same speed with a 6808MHz QDR clock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017