Specifications, Configurations and Pricing
The Acer Aspire S7-191 that we have in the lab today is specifically the S7-191-6640. It comes equipped with one of Intel's low-power Core i5-3317U processors. This is a dual-core part that runs at 1.7GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz. It features HyperThreading technology, giving the OS four threads to work with.
Coupled with the 3317U is 4GB of DDR3-1600 RAM. 4GB of RAM follows my general rule-of-thumb of 1GB per thread available. Graphics are provided via Intel's somewhat capable HD4000 integrated graphics processor.
The screen features a resolution of 1920x1080, which makes touchscreen use of the desktop interface nearly impossible to do. It also makes seeing text in desktop mode quite hard and some settings will need to be adjusted for most users.
The system features a 128GB solid state drive that provides quick boots and shut downs, as well as fast application load times. Windows 8 64-bit is loaded onto the SSD as Windows 8 provides the best touchscreen compatibilities.
The system was packaged inside a sturdy box.
The outside of the box showed a side profile of the system along with the various specifications. This box, I imagine, would normally be shipped inside of another box for protection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- Intel's next-gen 6C/12T: competes with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- Microsoft sees 32TB of unreleased Windows builds leaked
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller