Looking at the card the overall design is very similar to what we've seen before, since the Twin Frozr III cooler is being used. There is a dual fan setup with a large heatsink behind them. You can see across the top and bottom some heatpipes which are going to help move the heat away from the core. One of the nicer features of the cooler is the fact that we're dealing with a metal shroud instead of a plastic one which just makes the card not only look better, but feel more solid as well.
Taking a quick look around you can see just what we'd expect with a single 6-pin PCIe power connector at the back and a single SLI bridge at the front, in the event you want to run two of these cards together.
When it comes to the connectivity side of things we've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors in the form of DVI-D and DVI-I. We've also got a HDMI port along with a DisplayPort connector.
Out of the box a reference GTX 650 Ti Boost comes with a 980MHz core clock that jumps to 1033MHz via Boost, and the 2GB of GDDR5 comes in at 6008MHz QDR. Looking below you can see out of the box this video card comes in at 1033MHz which is pushed to 1098MHz via Boost. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, MSI decided to leave that alone.
As we mentioned before we decided to overclock the card today and you can see above that we managed to push the core up to 1140MHz, which gives us a boost clock of 1205MHz - this can be seen on the far right. As for the memory, that's also been bumped to a strong 6880MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent