Accessories and Documentation
Part of the included hardware is seen here. There are standoffs and motherboard screws in a bag, a bag of spare parts if something were to break or strip, and some PSU isolation tape in another bag. The bottom row has four rubber feet and screws to make the motherboard tray a tech bench. There is a bag with all of the HDD and SSD mounting hardware, and a case badge that you can choose where to apply.
At the top here, you have eight side brackets for 5.25" devices along with M3 screws, and next to it, you have sorter brackets with 6/32 thread screws. Then there are two hard plastic wire management hole plugs next to the hard rubber case feet and screws. The bottom row offers ten wire ties and a thick aluminum handle with screws for the motherboard tray.
CaseLabs also sent the optional 120.2 Flex-Bay radiator mount that will take up six slots in the front of the chassis, but offers both ventilation as well as a place for an additional radiator.
With it now flipped over, you can see how you go about installing things. You need to remove six screws and pull the halves apart. This will allow you to have access to run screws through the plate into fans and a radiator. I will be using this for front intake ventilation, without a radiator mounted.
The instructions are basically printed sheets that are stapled together. In here you will find only the basics of adding in the hardware that comes with the basic kit. CaseLabs assumes you have some common sense and basic mechanical skills when you buy a chassis like this, so they won't be holding your hand for every bit about the chassis.
Page one covers adding the rubber tape to the PSU bracket to isolate any vibrations, and jumps right into mounting drives in the three brackets found on the back of the motherboard tray.
Page two discusses how to take the removable motherboard tray, and with the use of smaller feet included in the hardware, you can set the tray up off the table and allow the GPU tabs a bit of clearance. The lower half of this page covers that you need to install the standoffs for your motherboard, and the screws in that bag are used to mount it securely to the tray.
The last page covers optical drive installation, and look closely, those eight brackets are two sets of four, that have different holes in them so they fit correctly into the chassis. The last bit of information is about the case badge not being placed on the chassis, due to the orientation you chose, the badge may end up upside down if they had placed it on a door or the front bezel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CaseLabs Merlin SM8 Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Merlin SM8]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Did Bethesda just release its own uPlay-like games launcher?
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched