OCZ felt the backlash from end-users when they moved from 32nm to 25nm NAND on Vertex 2 a few years ago. When the original Vertex came to market, it was nearly identical to the lower cost Agility product. The main difference was a fixed build of materials (BOM) on the Vertex. Although this rule was never expressed or implied on Vertex 2, end-users just carried the statement over the BOM to the next generation. When OCZ changed one of the two main components in Vertex 2, they caught hell.
OCZ has learned from the events of the last and now that 25nm is turning to 20nm, OCZ wasn't making the same mistake. The OCZ Vertex 3.20 uses the same LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller as the original Vertex 3. The NAND flash changed to new 20nm IMFT for the new .20 product, but that isn't the only change.
Vector is the flagship in OCZ's stable and Vertex 3.20 is now a mainstream product for those looking to spend less on quality SATA III SSD performance. With the new mainstream designation, Vertex 3.20 gets a new mainstream package and smaller accessory parts list.
For most of our readers, the accessory goodies won't make a big difference, as long as the price reflects the change. We'll discuss this and the performance of Vector 3.20 today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Package]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vertex 3.20 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes