Very few people would need to be told about the feud between TweakTown and NVIDIA. It was one that escalated heavily last year when I arrived in Taiwan for details that I'd rather not get into, as it's been covered in a fair bit of detail over the last year.
We reached out to NVIDIA US earlier this month to try and bring a truce to the whole situation; a situation that I think has definitely given me a few grey hairs over the years as we broke many launches, some by a few days, others by over a week. Each launch, though, brought with it a level of stress, from organizing a sample to the backlash of other media who felt us giving them a big slap in the face by completely disregarding the launch date.
This should be a thing of the past now as we reached out earlier in the month to NVIDIA US to finally bring an end to the constant battling between each other. It seems that everyone is happy with where we're at and its water under the bridge. Everyone's moving forward and upward and that comes with the release of the new GTX 650 Ti Boost - a model designed to take on the newly released AMD Radeon HD 7790. We've already looked at the Sapphire and GIGABYTE versions of the new HD 7790 that AMD is offering with the new model.
With that said let's get into what exactly we're dealing with here today. Because we're dealing with a reference designed GTX 650 Ti Boost from NVIDIA we've got nothing when it comes to the bundle side of things. Instead we'll simply be jumping straight into the card which will then be followed up with a look at the specifications. From there we'll move into our testbed, take a look at the cards we'll be including in our graphs and then get stuck into the performance numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair