MyDigitalSSD BP4 120GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the MyDigitalSSD BP4. These drives are so new they shipped without a label and we later received the sticker just prior to the review. I'm sure MDSSD will do a much better job at getting the label straight, something I could use some practice doing.
There really isn't much to see on the outside since SSDs are all about the internal components.
BP4 is a 7mm drive, the first from MyDigitalSSD. All of the mounting points are in the correct location for a 2.5" form factor HDD/SSD. The 7mm variant reduces the height from the top so even if your notebook is built for a 9.5mm z-height drive, the BP4 will work in its drive sled.
MDDSSD used the newest in flash technology, 19nm Toshiba Toggle 2 with 16K page sizes. At the time of writing there are only a small handful of SSDs shipping with this flash - SanDisk Ultra Plus, Plextor M5 Xtreme and the BP4.
The 240GB BP4 used PSC DRAM, 256MB of it, but the 120GB BP4 uses Nanya DRAM and the size drops down to 128MB. The DRAM is right next to the Phison S8 controller to reduce latency.
There are sixteen NAND flash chips, eight on each side. This increases the parallel I/O operations and thus increases performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes