MyDigitalSSD BP4 120GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the MyDigitalSSD BP4. These drives are so new they shipped without a label and we later received the sticker just prior to the review. I'm sure MDSSD will do a much better job at getting the label straight, something I could use some practice doing.
There really isn't much to see on the outside since SSDs are all about the internal components.
BP4 is a 7mm drive, the first from MyDigitalSSD. All of the mounting points are in the correct location for a 2.5" form factor HDD/SSD. The 7mm variant reduces the height from the top so even if your notebook is built for a 9.5mm z-height drive, the BP4 will work in its drive sled.
MDDSSD used the newest in flash technology, 19nm Toshiba Toggle 2 with 16K page sizes. At the time of writing there are only a small handful of SSDs shipping with this flash - SanDisk Ultra Plus, Plextor M5 Xtreme and the BP4.
The 240GB BP4 used PSC DRAM, 256MB of it, but the 120GB BP4 uses Nanya DRAM and the size drops down to 128MB. The DRAM is right next to the Phison S8 controller to reduce latency.
There are sixteen NAND flash chips, eight on each side. This increases the parallel I/O operations and thus increases performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player launches early
- Search engines are about to be creepy good at predicting what you want
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance