Specifications, Pricing and Availability
At the time of writing the MDSSD BP4 was just a preorder item on MyDigitalDiscount's website. There are three capacity sizes - 60GB, 120GB and 240GB. Today we're testing the 240GB and soon the 120GB review will hit our website. MyDigital has BP4 in mSATA variants as well.
This is the second time we've seen a Bullet Proof product with a Phison S8 controller. Phison increased the performance via new firmware. The main difference between BP3 and BP4 after flashing BP3 to the new firmware is the NAND flash. BP4 uses new 19nm Toshiba Toggle 2 NAND with 16K page sizes. The sequential read performance quoted by MDSSD is 560MB/s, the upper limits of SATA III. Sequential write quoted is 530MB/s. 4K aligned read tops 46K IOPS while 4K write IOPS is 79K.
The 2.5" drives will hit the market soon and with the following prices - 240GB ($179.99), 120GB ($99.99), and the 60GB ($64.99), all prices USD and pending list at Amazon and MyDigitalDiscount.com. The prices are very good for any SSD, but the performance offered is very good as well. BP4 is also MyDigital's first 7mm z-height form-factor drive for easy installation in new ultrabooks that require the reduced size.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now