Specifications, Pricing and Availability
At the time of writing the MDSSD BP4 was just a preorder item on MyDigitalDiscount's website. There are three capacity sizes - 60GB, 120GB and 240GB. Today we're testing the 240GB and soon the 120GB review will hit our website. MyDigital has BP4 in mSATA variants as well.
This is the second time we've seen a Bullet Proof product with a Phison S8 controller. Phison increased the performance via new firmware. The main difference between BP3 and BP4 after flashing BP3 to the new firmware is the NAND flash. BP4 uses new 19nm Toshiba Toggle 2 NAND with 16K page sizes. The sequential read performance quoted by MDSSD is 560MB/s, the upper limits of SATA III. Sequential write quoted is 530MB/s. 4K aligned read tops 46K IOPS while 4K write IOPS is 79K.
The 2.5" drives will hit the market soon and with the following prices - 240GB ($179.99), 120GB ($99.99), and the 60GB ($64.99), all prices USD and pending list at Amazon and MyDigitalDiscount.com. The prices are very good for any SSD, but the performance offered is very good as well. BP4 is also MyDigital's first 7mm z-height form-factor drive for easy installation in new ultrabooks that require the reduced size.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- Nintendo NX has a 60% chance at succeeding, says analyst
- iPad Pro chip A9X broken down, specs revealed
- AMD Crimson driver causing fan issues, hotfix incoming
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis