Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler (2012 Edition)
The new head unit is much cleaner to look at than the older, flatter, matte finished tops of the older generation. This time you are given a high gloss top with angle incorporated to break up the basic square shape of the head unit. You also notice there seems to be only two screws holding the top on, that is because two screws are covered with magnetic discs.
On the inlet and outlet side of the head unit, you can see that the fittings and the tubing have increased in diameter to allow for better liquid flow through the loop. You can also see by being able to lay them both flat, none of the flexibility has been lost with the increased dimensions of the parts.
At the top you can see the three stranded wire leaving the head unit. Connecting this to the motherboard powers the pump only. To keep the pre-applied TIM in place and to protect the copper cold plate, there is a plastic cap shipped on it to do just that.
Removing that cap allows us to look at the TIM applied to the base. On the left there is a bit rubbed off along with a couple of spots with debris on it. I always test with MX-2 so this is coming off anyways, but something that may need addressed so end-users can just go ahead and install it with this TIM in place.
I cleaned the TIM off of the cold plate to set the razor against it to check out the trueness of the base. It is flat across in both directions, but you can see a distinct pattern on the base from the finishing treatment.
Connecting the head unit to the radiator is a much larger tubing this time. While this will increase the flow, and you don't have to look at the corrugated plastic now, there is only 10.5 inches of length instead of the 12 inches of most AIO units.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99