Inside the Theron
After finding the four screws under the Theron, you can remove the top portion. Be careful if you do attempt this because the top is actually three separate components.
In the base of the Theron you can see a dual layer of PCBs that hold the various components. Take some time to look around if you wish, but as always, I will be showing all of the important components.
The left and right click buttons are backed with Omron switches, while the scroll wheels click uses the Zhij switch.
The DPI buttons are Zhij based, but for the side button action of the Theron you have HC switches to take care of their functionality.
Removing a few screws from the top PCB you can gain access to look at what is underneath. Protected by a layer of tape you will find the ADNS 9500 laser sensor IC sitting behind the scroll wheel.
Now obviously you need a way for the ADNS 9500 to talk to the 8-bit Sonin processor, this is why the need for the ribbon cable. To allow you to store profiles and Macros, there is the 128kb of memory on the CSI chip with the green and gold dots on it.
Then of course I put the Theron back together so we can use it for testing.
With the Theron all back together I plugged in the USB 2.0 plug into the PC and this is the default lighting scheme displayed. You can see that the wheel, the logo, the side, and the back all illuminate. The other side has a stripe of red that matches the one seen here as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Tt eSPORTS Theron RTS Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- AMD breaking world records with Ryzen 7 1800X already
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood