GIGABYTE GR-EZI04H 4-Bay NAS
Here we get our first look at the GIGABYTE GR-EZI04H 4-Bay NAS. The front door locks to help keep your drives secure. The front door is plastic, but this unit is designed for your home or small office so we don't expect CIA level security.
With the door open, we have easy access to the four drive sleds.
The power button is at the top and hides behind the door. This is important for security since you don't want others coming long and turning your NAS off. There are a number of status LEDs on the unit, eight in two rows and a power status light in the middle of the NAS on the left side.
Each drive sled has a locking mechanism on it so you can add another layer of security to the storage components.
The NAS has a small footprint and uses a closed cover design so all of the airflow passes over the HDDs.
Cooling comes from dual 80mm low speed fans. The system is quiet at all times, a must for a home NAS.
Here we have the connection panel. At the top is a VGA display port. Further down we found dual USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports and then the dual gigabit Ethernet.
You may not realize how important the bottom of a NAS is, but when you have a unit without rubber feet, you learn really fast. Vibration can transfer from the drives to the desk and vibrate everything including items off your desk. GIGABYTE did a good job and the GR-EZI04H 4 and we couldn't hear the Western Digital RED HDDs even when seeking random data.
The drive bays are solid and can hold both 3.5" and 2.5" form factor drives.
We popped the top to have a look around the NAS. Sadly, the SODIMM slot wasn't located on this side of the board, so user upgrades aren't as easy as they could have been.
Here you can see how tightly packed everything is inside the NAS. This is how GIGABYTE managed to keep the overall size reduced to such a small footprint on your desk or shelf.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup