Even though it has been nearly a year since we saw the Storm Trooper, once I got into the Storm Stryker, everything came flooding back. The aggressive styling, the ease of access through the bezel, the dock and the fan controls are all something everyone wants in a chassis.
Then you take into account there is a large window to keep an eye on your hardware through, plenty of airflow on the HDD bays and a heavy duty handle that is more than capable of handling the load of a fully built system inside of the Stryker. No matter where you look on the outside of the chassis, it is a nice blend of black trim on an all white chassis that drives buyers right to their door steps. The Stryker is much more aesthetically pleasing than the Trooper was, but most of the styling on the Trooper got lost in all the black and textured surfaces. The gloss white plays much better with the ambient lighting and shows every detail nicely.
I did set up the usual build in this chassis for testing before I installed the P55 build to test out the stock configuration of the cooling system. I left the drive bay fans in the position they are shipped in, blowing across the width of the chassis. Essentially that leaves the 140mm fan in the back and the 200mm fan in the top to do all of the cooling for the main compartment. Even so, the amount of airflow is sufficient to deliver above average results in the cooling capabilities. With that over I removed the top 200mm and the SSD drive bays from the floor and installed the pair of AIO coolers to give me even better results than what I had originally. While you can stick a radiator in the roof as I did, a thick radiator is going to cause you issues with clearance of the motherboard. Even if you only used a single fan on it, things are too tight. This is why my Tt AIO is offset to the left and not above the memory. As far as the rest of the build, everything went together like it was designed to do and even the wiring, while messy behind the tray, left me with a clean and pleasing interior build to view through the window.
Since this case is large and heavy, shipping is going to be a pretty serious hit to the overall pricing. I do think that the retail pricing of $159.99 is very reasonable and only slightly over that "magic price" of $150. Out of all the white cases I have seen over the last year or so, the Cooler Master Storm Stryker is my favorite and rightfully so is going to be used in my personal collection for some time to come. The last case to have that honor in all white dress was the Corsair 600T SE, but I have since grown bored with it and Cooler Master brought a fix to a void I wasn't even aware I had until I saw what the Storm Stryker brought to the table.
There isn't anything I can fault this design for, everything does what it is supposed to, works intuitively and is a pleasure to deal with from the minute it comes out of the box, all the way through until you either outgrow this design or something else comes along to pull at your heart strings. The CM Storm Stryker is a chassis that will have no issues finding buyers with this price and the amount of features and space you get with this chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER