Inside the BitFenix Shinobi XL Window Version
Removing the front panel shows us a few things. If you want to use more than one 5.25" device you need to remove the break out panels. Secondly, the 230mm fan has a dust filter and this fan can be swapped for a pair of 120mm fans (possibly a radiator). The last thing is that the log is removable and other colors can be purchased to replace it for a personal touch.
The first look inside the Shinobi XL shows that the wiring is tied together and passed through a management hole to keep it from doing any damage during transit. It's hard to see, but the wire tie holding the hardware box that is in the optical bays is there.
Speaking of these bays, there are five in total and they use these tool-less clips on both sides of the bays. Slide the logo back to release the locks, slide a drive in and then slide the logo to the right as you push on it and it clicks as it locks the drive into place.
Here we have the FlexCage system. There are seven bays with plastic tray that accept both 2.5" and 3.5" drives and these trays just slide out to use them. To remove the FlexCage entirely there are four screws on top, three in the back and four in the bottom that need to be removed before this cage is set free.
Above the motherboard tray there is roughly 30mm from where the top of the motherboard is until I hit the bottom of the Spectre fan. So for water coolers out there, there is roughly 55mm of room for radiator and fans.
This motherboard tray has everything you need, right where you need it. With eight places to pass wiring, double that amount for places to tie wiring to, a large well placed CPU black plate access hole and compatibility for many motherboard form factors; I don't think they left anything out.
Inside the rear of the chassis the 120mm Spectre fan hangs above the nine ventilated and replaceable expansion slot covers, all of which are held into place with thumbscrews to secure them and your cards.
Behind the motherboard tray there is over 30mm of space in most areas to be able to easily route any cabling or the wiring from the front I/O panel. I plan to have a bit of fun wiring this chassis, with all the options the gears are already turning with how easy this is going to be.
The included wiring is all black, even the ribbon with the power, reset, HDD activity and power LED. The SATA connector on the left powers the SuperCharge port and you get two native USB 3.0 connections with USB 2.0 tails attached. That just leaves the HD Audio and AC'97 connection on the right to finish up here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance