Inside the ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC
This is the cooler for the Intel Atom D525 CPU that runs at 1.8GHz and the ATI Mobility HD5430 GPU with 512MB of DDR3 memory. I would loved to have been able to pull the cooler off to show you what is going on underneath this, but I would swear the board and cooler are put together and slid into the chassis and a panel then placed on. I couldn't seem to find a way to remove it without bending metal.
Here is a look from the other end of the chassis. You can see there is a lot going on in this tiny space. There is the large chipset cooler, the TV tuner, CMOS battery, media card reader and I/O connectivity all backed into this 40mm thick compartment.
They do back the Intel Atom processor with 4GB of Team Group memory. These 2GB SO-DIMMs are rated at 1333MHz and run at CL9. It's nothing really extreme, but it's enough to get the job done.
As much as I looked I couldn't find information leading to a manufacturer of the 4-in-1 media card reader, but none the less, here is an image of it.
As far as the DVB-T TV tuner included in the kit, the HU393-T leads back to the thumb drive tuner made by MaxMedia. Just in this instance since it is internal, the thumb drive shell has been removed.
I was able to remove the large heat sink over the chipset to expose what is used here. It is in fact the Intel NM10 Express chipset to control the USB, PCI, gigabit LAN, HD audio, PCI Express and SATA ports along with connecting to both the BIOS and the CPU.
As I removed the plastic cover on the top I found the 500GB hard drive sandwiched between layers of foil tape to keep the heat of the drive separated from the rest of the PC, as well as trying to keep it from warming the plastic cover.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC]
- Page 5 [Inside the ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [K481 Wireless Keyboard with Multi-Touch Pad]
- Page 8 [MCR1 IR Media Center Remote Control]
- Page 9 [Audio Relay Wireless Media Extender]
- Page 10 [Audio Relay Accessories]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- New ASUS ROG Swift monitor can hit 180Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream