GIGABYTE has put together a really nice Intel Z77 Express based motherboard with the Z77X-UD5H and it does a good job of ticking all the boxes. Coming in at $189.99 it falls under that important $200 mark and instantly becomes a hit for a lot of people who aren't interested in blowing out their bank accounts.
Cosmetically the board looks fantastic. The black PCB looks great and combined with that UD5H blue that I've always been a big personal fan of, you end up with something that looks really good. While you might not look at it every day, there's no denying that you'd rather have something that looks great verse something that doesn't sitting inside your pride and joy computer case.
3D BIOS is running great these days and the decision to tone back from having a fully colored motherboard to a greyscale design has worked wonders for overall speed. Initially we had that little bit of lag moving through the BIOS when 3D BIOS first launched. Fortunately now that's an issue of the past.
Performance on the board is strong. You can see out of the box it performs a little quicker than the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 board we tested and on the overclocking front we managed to get the 4.7GHz number that we've reached with other boards. Unfortunately our 3770k was running a little warmer in this case; we'd probably opted to shave a 100MHz off the clock and drop down the voltage slightly to bring those temps down.
In the end we've got a really nice motherboard from GIGABYTE. It's that typical UD5 kind of board and for us that's a good thing. It's a quality board that looks great and comes in under that $200 price tag. It's one for you to consider.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- Colorful's amazing iGame GTX 1080 Ti looks MEAN, FAST
- Nintendo expects Switch to sell 110 million units
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse