Web shop MyDigitalDiscount has crossed the line between e-tailer and SSD manufacture. Making the leap for MDD wasn't that difficult, the company works closely with several other manufactures, consulting on their future products. MyDigitalDiscount's new line up of products comes under the brand name of MyDigitalSSD. We think the name is fitting. MyDigital doesn't have their own controller or flash manufacturing facility just yet, but they are working with some pretty big partners.
MyDigital's expertise has always been in the notebook and netbook markets. During the netbook boom a couple of years ago MyDigital helped pioneer the modification market. Products like the Dell Mini9 were treated with faster SSDs, more system memory and even touch screens. When a component wasn't available, MDD worked with their partners to have purpose built upgrade components manufactured.
It's now 2012 and the netbook market has evolved into ultrabooks. Ultrabooks use full speed notebook components, but keep the ultra-thin design first found on netbooks. In order for ultrabooks to take shape, 9mm HDDs had to go, enter mSATA.
mSATA and the close variants are slated to make a grand entrance this year and not just in ultrabooks. At CES, four out of five next generation GIGABYTE desktop motherboards on display using the Ivy Bridge chipset sported mSATA slots. Intel's Smart Response Technology and NVELO's Dataplex software layer, also commonly referred to as SSD Cache can both quickly turn a small mSATA drive into instant IOPS performance beast while still offering the capacity of your large data capacity HDD.
The MyDigitalSSD DDRII Super Cache can be used as either a cache drive or as a primary boot drive. Let's take a look at the specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging and Drive]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives