It seems when I reviewed the original H20-320 Edge water cooling kit from Swiftech, a lot of people didn't see the benefit of buying a water cooling loop that will limit leak points by combining major components all into one system. By that, Swiftech took the radiator and topped it with a small reservoir, and then, they attached a MCP35X pump right to it. With this arrangement Swiftech eliminated four points of potential leaks, and this also simplifies the tubing as it passes through your case. Now I am no water block professional, but I have had quite a few blocks over the years, not only can you tell quality in water blocks when you look at it, but you can also gauge it be the blocks heft, or the feel. The original kit not only gave me a much more simplified system, it offered the same performance as most other custom creations out today. Here a lot of the thought and shopping headaches are removed, and you are left with a system that has proven to do everything Swiftech claimed it could!
I'm not entirely sure if one day Gabe just had a vision of this, or if it was the more likely collaboration of emails and suggestions since the launch of the original kit that inspired a revision of the way the kit functions, and gives users more flexibility to cool more, and again, simplifies everything to make it easy to install - and great to look at. Most notably with the new "HD" kits is the option to run parallel loops off this one unit, negating the need for two of everything to add a second, or in this case, even a third loop to the mix. This will allow for less restriction in the flow to each of the loops. Versus the old method of running blocks in series, overcompensating for the restrictions with a pump supplying more pressure and flow was the way to deal with things. This system offers a very unique way of dealing with this and while doing so will offer that simplified look as the original system.
Today we will be delving into two, well actually three kits, and showing the sort of capabilities they can deliver. While D-I-Y guys will stick to their tried and true, I can build a loop for that kind of money attitude, I think Swiftech came up with a concept that should even make the elitists take notice. At this time I usually say get a drink and get comfy, but there is a lot to cover since we are looking at two systems here. If need be, grab a sandwich and let your dog out really fast before you continue on with finding out what the Swiftech H20-X20 Edge "HD", all inclusive, water cooling kits deliver this time around!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Swiftech H2O-220 Edge HD Unboxing]
- Page 5 [The Apogee HD CPU Water Block]
- Page 6 [The Apogee HD CPU Water Block Continued]
- Page 7 [MCR220 Drive, MCP35X, and RDM1225S Fans]
- Page 8 [What Sets the H2O-320 Edge HD kit Apart]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's worth jumps 43% to $170 billion, still world's top brand
- Facebook will zap free internet to Africa via satellite
- Spurned Pokemon fan raises $4000 to pay for copyright fine
- Jack Dorsey reprises role as Twitter's CEO
- New writers board 'Gran Turismo' feature film
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- USB 3.0 (or even 3.1) header availability for Armorsuit PC-P60?
- Project Core XD
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog