Looking above at our testbed, you'll see the setup is identical to all our recent motherboard reviews. We won't go into the motherboards that we're using as you'll be able to see all that in our graphs when we start our benchmarks on the first page.
On the overclocking side of things, we go in and mess around with our voltages and take them up to a level we're comfortable with. From there we set the BCLK strap to 125 and leave everything else alone. We hope to get into Windows and complete a MediaEspresso encode with no issue.
With that working fine, we head back into the BIOS and start to adjust the multiplier. Eventually we found ourselves sitting at 39x. We actually got into Windows at 40x which gives us a 5GHz clock; unfortunately when we tried to do an encode it fell over at about the 7% mark, so back to 39x it was.
Before we finish off, we just head in again and see what we can do with the BCLK. We push it up just a little more and as you can see above, we end up in Windows at 4904MHz or 4.9GHz as shown in our graphs today.
This is a strong overclock and comes in at around the same level as the P9X79 Deluxe and Sabertooth X79. The only ASUS board that's been able to offer us a higher overclock is of course the much more expensive and overclocking orientated Rampage IV Extreme.
That really covers everything we need, so let's get into the benchmarking side of things and see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the ASUS P9X79 Pro motherboard here today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system